Business InquiriesJung Gu Shim
Address15, Gyeonghuigung 1-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Korea
Phone82 2 6203 1162
Fax82 2 6499 0371
Mugyewon is a cultural space operated by the Jongno Foundation for Arts & Culture. It is a converted yojeong (exclusive entertainment venue for high-ranking government officials), originally bearing the name Ojinam. As such, it is a place of great historical significance, having been host to many important national events. One notable example is its role as the meeting place for the landmark 1972 ‘July 4th North-South Joint Statement’, during which the two Koreas explored ways to improve their troubled relations. More recently, the building faced demolishment until Jongno-gu district officials stepped in, with Ojinam being moved to a new location in 2010 and rebranded ‘Mugyewon’. Today, it serves as a high-quality educational and cultural space, giving it a new lease of life in modern Seoul.
- From Incheon Int’l Airport: 50~60 min
- Subway: Gyeongbokgung Station (Line 3), Gwanghwamun Station (Line 5)
Nearby hotels & attractions
- Within 3km: AVENTLee Hotel, Doulos Hotel, Tower Cloud Hotel
- Within 5km: JWMarriott Hotel, PresidentialAssistantHotel, Royal Hotel
- Streets : Insa-dong, Sejong Village, Bukchon
- Shopping: Dongdaemun shopping mall, South Gate mall
- Historical and cultural sites : National Museum of Art, Arko Art Center, Seoul Museum of History, The National Folk Museum, Museum baknosu, Yun Dong-ju’s Literature, exhibition archery hwanghakjeong
Name of Hall
- Global consulting firm McKinsey held Senior executives conference.
- Overseas Information Service organized a lecture of 'Foreigners, Meet the UNESCO World Heritage Site in South Korea’ for 40 diplomats.
- Department of Urban Engineering in Hanyang University hosted ‘Ecology Change in the Asian Community’ seminar.
- The world's largest Chinese broadcasting network NTD TV "Hallyu star Ku Hye-sun" shoot interview.
- The reception area for ‘2014 World Conference on Study of North Korea’ A number of domestic experts as well as scholars from abroad visited the reception
- Great natural scenery
- Hanok experience programs
- Close to tourist attractions such as Bukchon, Gwanghwamun, Seochon, and Gyeongbokgung