Gana Art Center
Business InquiriesJungkwon Lee
Address97 Pyeongchang-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Korea
Phone82 2 3217 1093
Fax82 2 395 0331
Founded in 1983, Gana Art has organized over 600 exhibitions of modern and contemporary art from paintings and sculpture to video art, installations, and contemporary photography. Its active participation in international art fairs and exhibitions has helped globalize the Korean art community and achieve international recognition for the genre as a whole. Notable international activities in this endeavor over the past two decades include: Gana Print Studio (1987), Gana Art Publication (1988), Galerie Gana-Beaubourg Paris (1995), Gana Art Institute (1996), Cite internationale des arts Membership (1996), Gana Ceramic Studio (1997), Ansung Atelier (1997), Gana Academy (1998), Gana Atelier (2001), Ecole de Gana (2002), JangHeung Art Park and JangHeung Atelier (2006), Gana Atelier New York (2007) and Gana Art New York (2008).
In 2008, Gana Art New York opened in Chelsea with the aim of increasing the influence of Korean art in the American art market. Since the late 1990s, the gallery has supported promising young artists by providing them with work spaces and creative environments in various ateliers. Opened in 2006, the JangHeung Atelier consists of two buildings with 50 resident artists, allowing them to share their passion for art and fully immerse themselves in a more creative environment. Gana also hopes to encourage more international artists to take residence in this space in order to give local artists a more cosmopolitan experience. Public invitations are issued to new artists every two years under the “Gana Now Art” program.
- From Incheon Int’l Airport: 50~60 min
- Subway: Gyeongbokgung Station (Line 3, Exit 3).
Walk 100m to the Gyeongbokgung Station bus stop.
Take Bus #1020 or #1711 and get off at Lotte Apartments.
Cross the street and enter Pyeongchang 30-gil Road.
Walk a further 300m to Gana Art Center.
Nearby hotels & attractions
- Within 3km: Dong Wha Kim’s Hotel
- Within 5km: The Plaza, Somerset Palace Seoul, Fraser Suites Insadong Seoul
- Streets : Bukchon, Insadong, Samcheongdong
- Shopping: Shinsegae Department Store (Main Branch), Lotte Department Store (Main Branch), Namdaemun Market
- Entertainment: N Seoul Tower
- Historical and cultural sites : Sejong Center, Myeongdong Theater, Gyeongbokgung (Palace), Changdeokgung(Palace) , Deoksugung (Palace), Gwanghwamun Gate
Name of Hall
Exhibition Hall 1
Exhibition Hall 2
Exhibition Hall 3
- 2012 Christian Dior F/W PRESS PRESENTATION
- 2013 KIA Surprise Weekend
- 2013 吉祥 Happiness
- 2014 The 100th Anniversary Exhibition of Park Soo-Keun’s Birth
- Selected by German architecture magazine Tashen as a noteworthy structure for the new millennium
- Able to host concerts, performances, exhibits, and other shows